Last Updated on
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Binoculars for Kids
- Vanstarry Compact 5×30 (Editor’s Choice)
- Thinkpeak Toys High-Resolution 8×21 (Luxury Choice)
- DMbaby Compact Shock Proof (Best Value)
- Little Experimenter (Best for Toddlers)
- BRIGENIUS 8×21 (Best Mini)
- Learning Resources GeoSafari (Best 2x Magnification)
- EUTOYZ Soft Rubber (Best Colour Selection)
- Scotamalone Educational Learning (Best for 3-12 yo)
- Aoneky 8×21 Mini Compact (Best High Powered)
- GoSee 4×30 Optics (Best With Carry Bag and Strap)
It can be challenging to help your kids develop and improve their knowledge while still having fun. A great way to do this is to get them a pair of binoculars!
Binoculars are handheld optical instruments composed of two telescopes and a focusing device to increase their magnifying abilities. These tools can be fun for kids as they explore outdoors and are interested in nature or bird watching.
We believe that the best binoculars for kids improve their concentration and patience. So if this is something you think your child could benefit from, we have found 10 of the best binoculars available for younger kids below.
How We Compared Binoculars for Kids
To find the best binoculars for kids, we considered multiple factors, including:
- Age range suitability
- Magnification and viewing range
- Ergonomics and comfort of the design
- Durability for use with children
- Style and appeal to children
Our experienced team created the following list after spending countless hours researching products and fact-checking customer reviews. We carefully chose a range of kids binoculars that are great for children and teenagers who want to get into hobbies like bird watching.
To know more about our review process, have a look here.
Binoculars for Kids Reviews
Our pick for the best binoculars is the Vanstarry Compact Binoculars. This pair of binoculars is aimed at older children and may not be suitable for toddlers. However, for older children, this product has excellent optics, a great design, and a high magnification of 8x.
The design of these binoculars is similar to adult models. The two parts are adjustable, and you can move them to fit your pupil distance properly. Also, they offer comfortable viewing due to the rubber eyepieces and ergonomic non-slip grip.
In terms of image, these binoculars have a 5×30 system and are great for many different purposes, including nature watching. We also like that they are available in vibrant colours, including purple, green, yellow, and blue.
Although these kids’ binoculars are great, they may not be perfect. For example, you could find the included compass doesn’t work well. Also, some customers have found that the lens can pop out.
- Available in five different fun colours
- Rubber coated eyepieces for comfort
- A great magnification ratio of 8x for superior viewing
- You can fold them to match the eye distance of your child easily
- Includes a carry case, neck strap, and cleaning cloth
- You may find that the included compass doesn’t work
- Some customers have reported the lens has popped out
If your children are serious about their outdoor adventures, the Thinkpeak High-Resolution 8×21 binoculars are available.
These high-quality binoculars are suitable for older kids and have an incredibly robust design. Interestingly, the exterior has rubber grips and large moulded eyepieces, making them easy to hold and use.
The 8×21 magnification means that your child can greatly magnify objects they want to focus on. As a result, this product is excellent for watching birds and other wildlife. It could be suitable for outdoor trips and groups like the Scouts.
A break-away strap lets your children keep the binoculars slung around their neck and quickly drop them.
Although these are brilliant binoculars for children, you could find that the lenses are not completely fog proof. Also, some customers have found that these entry-level binoculars have come in already-opened packaging.
- Designed specifically for bird watching with an 8×21 magnification
- Anti-friction, shockproof, with a durable rubber coating
- Produces colourful images with a great resolution
- These binoculars for children also have an ergonomic grip for ease of use
- Available in four different colours – red, pink, black, and red
- You may find that the lenses are not completely fog proof
- Some customers have reported receiving already-opened packaging
The DMbaby Compact Shock Proof Binocular is a top choice if you want a pair of binoculars that still provide crisp images and great magnification.
This binocular has a vibrant casing that is shockproof to withstand the wear and tear of kids’ use. There is also a large rubber grip on each side and comfortable eyepieces.
The system inside provides an 8×21 magnification and a viewing distance of up to 1000m. This makes them suitable for outdoor use, watching birds, and wildlife spotting. In addition, the prism system has been specifically designed for use by children.
These are great high powered binoculars, but there could be a few issues. Firstly, you could find that the distance between pupils is too far for some children. Also, the design is a little chunky, and pre-teens with more petite hands could find them difficult to hold.
- The objective lenses have a protective rubber cover to protect the eyes
- There is also an ergonomic non-slip rubber grip
- They can withstand impacts due to their shockproof and waterproof design
- 8×21 magnification and Porro prism design for wildlife watching
- Available in seven vibrant colour options
- You could find the interpupillary distance too far for some children
- Some children may find the design a little chunky
The Little Experimenter Children’s Toy Binoculars are an excellent choice for toddlers. These binoculars are primarily designed for play and for your child to have fun.
The chunky design makes them robust and durable. Also, the bright colours for the casing and eyepiece make them attractive to younger children. A large single eyepiece snugs your child’s face to make viewing comfortable.
Also, there is an included night vision light and a neck strap to make sure the binoculars are not dropped. In terms of vision and making objects larger, these binoculars have a simple 2x magnification. They are a brilliant toy for kids to use their imagination with and to encourage learning.
These are great toy binoculars, but they may not be perfect. For example, low light night vision may not be very effective. Also, the eyepieces are not adjustable at all.
- Includes a neck strap so your child will not drop the binoculars
- The flexible eyepiece will comfortably fit your child’s face
- The rubber grips on the sides will help give a firm grip
- 2x magnification great for younger kids
- Bright and vibrant colours specifically designed for toddlers
- These young kids’ binoculars do not have adjustable eyepieces
The BRIGENIUS 8×21 Kids Binoculars are a great choice for travel use. This is due to their small and lightweight design.
If your kids regularly go on camping trips, school outings, or holidays, these binoculars will make an excellent travel companion. They can easily be stored and will not take up much room in their backpack, rucksack, or suitcase.
This product also features a superior optical system and 8×21 magnification. The quality of the project is fantastic, and your kids can gain real educational insights using them. The body is also made from high-resistance ABS plastic reinforced with rubber grips.
We like these compact binoculars, but you could have some small issues. For example, they may not be suitable for pre-teens or toddlers due to their advanced features. Also, unlike other binoculars for kids, there is only one colour choice available.
- Small and lightweight design that is excellent for kids to hold
- Magnification of 8x for superior image quality and detail
- Both eyepieces have a soft rubber surrounding for extra comfort
- It should not break when dropped due to the shockproof design
- It also includes full multi-coated optics for better image quality
- These binoculars may not be suitable for toddlers but are best for older children
- Only available in one colour choice — white
If you want to introduce your children to watching birds or nature, the Learning Resources GeoSafari Jr. Binoculars are the best options.
These binoculars have a chunky design, including a protective hood to shade the objective lens and a single eyepiece.
This design makes them easy to use and allows your children to operate binoculars and look through the lens quickly.
The prism system inside has a simple 2x magnification. This has limitations, but it introduces your kids to binoculars and how the lenses work.
These kids’ binoculars are great, but you may find that the functionality in terms of magnification and usefulness is limited – they are meant as more of a toy. Also, you could find that the focus of these toy binoculars is not fantastic.
- Low magnification suitable for toddlers
- Includes a strap so that toddlers can’t drop the binoculars
- The materials are shockproof and waterproof for excellent durability
- Perfect for use in backyard woods or the garden
- It also includes a sizeable protective eye cover
- The functionality of these binoculars for toddlers may not be amazing
- The focus may not be fantastic
Kids are far more likely to use an item or toy if it is made in the colour they like! As a result, the EUTOYZ Soft Rubber Binoculars are a great choice.
These binoculars are available in nine different colours! This includes pink, yellow, green, light blue, black, orange, purple, red, and rose red. So you are sure to find a colour your child loves.
Aside from this, this product also has a sturdy design with large handgrips and eyepieces. They should be easy to use and provide good magnification via the 8×21 glass system.
These child binoculars are of great value, but there could be a few minor issues. For example, some kids could find that the shape of the binoculars is a little chunky. Secondly, they could find that the focus wheel has some slack, making it difficult to fixate on the object you want to focus on.
- Excellent choice of nine different colours, including pink, yellow, green, and blue
- These binoculars have a soft rubber surrounding for the eyepieces
- The rubber coating is both shockproof and waterproof
- Includes fully multi-coated lenses for a bright image
- Excellent 8x magnification for greater image detail
- Some kids may find the binoculars chunky if they have smaller hands
- The focus wheel may have a little slack and thus be tricky to use
For children aged 3-12, the Scotamalone Binoculars are a good option. These have a traditional design but still have the usability and features that make them suitable for a larger age range.
These binoculars also include a comprehensive kit for safety and maintenance. This consists of a detachable neck cord, a microfibre cleaning cloth, and a carrying case.
The binoculars are also quite small and lightweight and should be easy to carry. In terms of images, you can change the focal length by moving the eyepieces backwards or forwards. There is also a focus adjust dial at the centre of the binoculars.
These kid-friendly binoculars are brilliant for educational insights, but you could find a few problems. Firstly, some customers have seen that the lens drops out of the binoculars after cleaning. Also, you could find that the neck cord is a little tricky to use and adjust.
- You can adjust these kids’ binoculars to fit any pupil distance
- It also has a simple dial to adjust the focal length
- It has a compact design that is easy to carry
- The eyecups are soft and should be easy to use for those who wear glasses
- Also covered in a non-slip material for an improved grip
- Some customers have found that the lens has dropped out after cleaning
- The neck cord may not be the easiest design to use
For serious outdoor adventurers, the Aoneky Kids Binoculars are a top choice. This is due to the 8x magnification and fully multi-coated optics that provide up to 1000 m viewing distance. Hence, these binoculars are suitable for bird watching, camping trips, wildlife spotting, and general outdoor activities.
We also like that these handheld optical instruments are durable. The casing is shockproof and made from rubber to withstand drops and damage. It should also be comfortable due to the handgrips and rubber eyecups.
These real binoculars will help capture your child’s interest in the outdoors, but they may not be perfect. Firstly, the device’s pouch for safekeeping is not durable. Also, the focusing dial could be tricky to use and adjust.
- Effectively magnifies distant objects with the 8x magnification
- Should give great vision for up to 1000 yards
- Made from high-quality materials with shock proofing and waterproofing
- The non-slip grip is designed specifically for kids
- Available in three fun colour choices
- You may find the included pouch to be not fit for the purpose
- Some children could find the focusing dial tricky to use
Carrying binoculars and transporting them can be an issue. Therefore, getting the GoSee 4×30 Kids Binoculars makes a good choice.
They include a durable carry case that protects the binoculars when not in use. It also makes them incredibly easy to carry. You also get a cleaning cloth that you can use to keep the eyepieces and objective lens clean.
These binoculars are also robust and have a 4x magnification. The lens quality is fantastic, and the picture quality should be crystal clear. These binoculars are great for older kids who want to explore the outdoors.
These standard-sized binoculars are excellent for teens, but they may not be suitable for toddlers due to their size and design. Also, you could find that the included neck cord is a little long for smaller children.
- Excellent for outdoor adventures with a 4×30 lens system
- Clear lenses for excellent viewing quality
- The design is durable, lightweight, and great for outdoor use
- Includes a material carrying case and an adjustable neck strap
- The objective lens allows in more light for a brighter image
- Not suitable for younger children
- Some may feel that the included neck strap is a little long for younger children
Choosing the Best Binoculars for Kids: A Buying Guide
As you can see, there is an excellent range of children’s binoculars available. But which pair of kids’ binoculars are suitable for your child during camping or educational trips? We understand that buying binoculars for kids can be tricky, and thus we have created a simple buying guide with the main considerations below.
Usability — Toy or Real Binoculars
The best binoculars for kids are generally split into several categories —loosely defined by age range.
It is important to remember that not every binocular is suitable for children.
For toddlers, you can buy toy binoculars. These are usually big, bright, and incredibly simple for young kids. However, usually, the optics inside are not particularly strong. These binoculars for kids are meant to get children used to using this object and having fun.
For older children, there are real binoculars. These feature proper systems inside, such as Porro prisms, to provide excellent image quality and magnification. They are essentially the same as real binoculars but are usually designed to understand and used easily.
As a result, we advise thinking about your children’s age and using binoculars. This will make a significant difference in the binoculars you buy for them.
Even the best-behaved and older kids can easily drop objects and damage them unintentionally! Unfortunately, it’s unavoidable concerning kids’ toys.
You should therefore look at how durable the best kids’ binoculars are. Naturally, the binoculars should be made from durable materials.
Qualities like shockproofing and waterproofing are also incredibly beneficial. For example, a shockproof casing should be more difficult to break if accidentally dropped.
Another factor to note is the quality and magnification features of the child’s binoculars, which are highly important.
In most instances, binoculars for kids do not have the same magnification strength or quality as full-sized binoculars for adults. However, you can get full glass prisms and magnifications up to 8x. These should be excellent for bird watching and other outdoor and recreational activities.
You should also look if these kids’ binoculars include any accessories. Remember, common accessories include a neck cord, a wrist strap, a carry case, and a cleaning cloth.
A neck cord or wrist cord is vital for use with children. They add an extra safety element and mean that your children are less likely to drop and damage the binoculars.
A carry case is also a great addition. Usually, the cases are simple material pouches with a velcro lid. A case like this means the binoculars are easy to carry, and you can protect them from damage when they are not in use.
Lastly, a cleaning cloth is also an excellent item with your children’s toy binoculars. We all know that kids can be grubby! Therefore, the lens glass can easily get covered in grime and dirt. A lens cloth allows you to keep them clean!
Style and Colour Options
Kids are generally drawn toward bright colours like red, blue and yellow. Many of the children’s binoculars have multiple colour options available.
Traditional binoculars are typically black. This colour may not appeal to many children and can be boring. As a result, we advise looking at the available colours. Think about what colours your children like and see if you can buy binoculars that match!
Comfort and Ergonomics
Binoculars are not the easiest items to use! It can be tricky to focus properly, hold them, and position the eyepieces comfortably. Most adults can cope with this. However, children may find things like this annoying.
Therefore, consider the ergonomics of the binoculars and comfort features.
Ideally, the binoculars should have rubber cups on the eyepieces for protection. Also, it is beneficial if you can adjust the binoculars to change the pupil distance. You should also look for the grip and if the binoculars are easy for younger kids.
Grab a Pair of Binoculars for Your Kids Now!
We hope you have found this guide on the best binoculars for kids useful! Why not buy your children a pair of binoculars today? You will be surprised at the different ways they can use them.
The best binoculars for kids let them see the world around them in a new and magnified way. With binoculars for children, intrepid explorers can spot birds nesting in towering trees and even see bugs finely detailedly. Hence, these handheld optical devices let kids explore nature up close.
Aside from bird and nature watching, kids will simply love playing with the binoculars and experience exciting adventures using them as long as they are durable and lightweight enough to be toted around.
Any of the kids’ binoculars listed above are great options. However, our top pick for the best kids binoculars is the Vanstarry Compact 5×30. The design of this product is fantastic, and they are real binoculars with an excellent 5×30 optical system. As a result, your kids can enjoy great magnification, clear images, and a brilliant design for outdoor use.
How did you find our Editor’s Choice? Let us know in the comments below!